• Do you receive Access to Work (AtW) funding for interpreting or communication support?
  • Do you have problems booking interpreters or finding communication Support?
  • Do you find the claim forms difficult or lengthy to fill out?
  • Do you have problems paying interpreters and claiming the money back from Access to Work?
  • Do you find it difficult keeping track of your hours?

Communications Interpreting is excited to offer its unique Access to Work package

Communications Interpreting can offer hassle free Access to Work package to deaf and hard of hearing clients. Our process makes the task of booking and paying interpreters more efficient so you can focus on your work rather than on your interpreting provision.

Our new electronic booking system can

  • Track your Access To Work entitlement
  • Prevent you from exceeding your weekly/monthly entitlement
  • Complete forms electronically
  • Find the right Interpreter/CSW for your communication requirements

How does Communication Interpreting’s AtW System work?

  1. You tell us when you need an interpreter, we will find the interpreter and let you know who it is.
  1. The interpreter will arrive and provide a high standard of service
  1. The interpreter will then invoice Communication Interpreting.
  1. At the end of each four week period Communications Interpreting will send you a completed claim form which shows all of your interpreter/communication support you have used throughout the last four weeks.
  1. All you need to do is look through the form to ensure the number of house claimed is accurate, sign the relevant section of the claim form and support worker log, then forward this to Access to Work.
  1. Communications Interpreting will pay the invoices from the interpreters and then claim the reimbursement from Access to Work, in line with freelance communication professionals’ payment terms.


All Communications Interpreting Sign Language Interpreters are registered with The National Registers of Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind People (NRCPD) and have appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) as well as an up to date enhanced DBS.

You no longer need to spend time filling out lengthy claim forms.

Additional Information

If you do not receive Access to Work support and have communication requirements in the workplace, you can contact your local Disability Employment Advisor (DEA) or log on towww.jobcentreplus.com.

If you would like more information about our support package, please contact us at Communications Interpreting.


I thought that the Communications Interpreting staff interpreter was wonderful and very helpful to me as it was my first time counselling a patient who is Deaf. I would like to have the same interpreter should my patient return
East Access Team CounsellorBrighton
Nigel Cleaver
Nigel CleaverHead of Communications Interpreting