About mainadmin

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far mainadmin has created 37 blog entries.


The City Council approached the Mission to redevelop the area and offered two sites, Welford Road or University Road.


The Mission moved to 135 Welford Road. Within a year, an extension for a games room called the Parr Room was built, thanks to a substantial legacy from Mr Parr.


The Mission became a registered charity under the National Assistance Act 1948.


An agency agreement commenced with Leicestershire County Council and Leicester City Council to provide personal social work services for deaf and hard of hearing people.


Local government reorganisation resulted in transfer of social services and education to Leicestershire County Council.


Acquired formal governance and management responsibilities for Loughborough & District Mission for the Deaf, based at 17 Forest Road, Loughborough.


Major office extension opened at the Welford Road premises.


The old hall site in Loughborough was sold to Loughborough & District Housing Society (later Charnwood Forest Housing Association) who carried out major alterations and converted the existing church building into a multipurpose community centre.


Prototype service level agreement in place with Leicestershire County Council.


The Loughborough premises reopened along with the first specialised housing scheme of six purpose-built flats on an adjacent site.